After high school, options are limited for adults with intellectual disabilities. Individuals are often isolated. This can cause social and academic regression for all members of this population. It also takes a toll on the caregivers of these individuals.
Pathways provides a safe place where these adults can continue to grow, build lasting friendships, and give back to their community. Pathways is a place where students get to experience life to the fullest!
Our enrichment program assists each individual to achieve emotional, cognitive, physical, social, and spiritual growth to their fullest potential in classes such as:
- Spiritual Growth - We grow together in our understanding of the Bible, enjoying daily worship and prayer.
- Continuing Education & Life Skills - Reading, math, science, art, independent living, and job skills are just a few of our hands-on classes.
- Volunteering - Serving others is an important way our students get to show the love of Jesus in our community. We volunteer weekly at Meals on Wheels and the Food Bank.
- Fitness - Nutrition and fitness are critical in helping improve and maintain overall health and quality of life.
Pathways offers a year-round, in-person, and virtual classes or a hybrid schedule of both options! We are committed to small teacher-to-student ratios (1:6 to 1:8) to provide a more intimate classroom setting.
When students are together in-person, they experience enhanced social interactions as they have the freedom to build relationships at the start of the day, over lunch, and at the end of the day each day. They get the benefit of hands-on learning, from cooking lessons to group science experiments. And they get to take field trips, train for Special Olympics, and go out into the community for weekly volunteering.
Located in Tulsa, OK. Enrollment options: as little as 4 hours per week to full-time, Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm.
A great advantage of virtual classes is for our sensory-sensitive students. In the virtual space, we have more control over noise levels and other distractions that can be a challenge to some students in an in-person classroom. In this virtual environment, we see those students thrive without those distractions. Students are eligible to attend virtually regardless of location, and all virtual class times are in the central time zone.
Virtual Classes: Available for individuals nationwide and all over the world! Enrollment options range from 4 to 20 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
HYBRID SCHEDULE – VIRTUAL AND IN-PERSON CLASSES (Tulsa)
Often families will choose a hybrid schedule that includes both online classes and in-person classes to get the benefits of both options!
In the application below, you’ll choose whether you’re interested in virtual classes, online classes, or a hybrid schedule that includes both options. Part-time and full-time schedules are available.
To begin the admissions process, click below to submit an inquiry form. The admissions process will include an interview and the prospective student will get to try classes for free prior to enrolling.
To qualify for the program, the Pathways applicant must:
- Be 16 years or older for summer enrollment, and 18 years or older for year-round enrollment.
- Have been diagnosed with a physical, emotional or intellectual disability.
- Have the ability to care for personal needs and does not require one-on-one assistance (for in-person classes).
- Be able to administer required medications independently (for in-person classes).
- Not exhibit behavior that would be harmful to the applicant or others or disruptive to other students and teachers in the classroom (for in-person classes).